Dream Weddings in a Historic Fort Worth Chapel & Ballroom
Rose Chapel is an all-denominational chapel built in 1955, specifically for weddings. The chapel provides seating for 125 guests. During daylight hours, the room is suffused with light from stained glass windows that repeat the rose motif in the original circular window set above the entrance. Chandeliers suspended over the carpeted center aisle, and lights above the arched colonnades on each side of the chapel provide light for evening and night weddings. Candelabras, a large floral arrangement, and tulle pew-bows make additional decorating unnecessary in this beautiful room. The vaulted, beamed ceiling provides wonderful acoustics for live or recorded music.
Three dressing rooms provide ample space for the bride, groom and attendants. The foyer has a terrazzo floor and an elegant desk for the guestbook. Constructed of Tennessee Crab Orchard stone, the exterior of the Rose Chapel is surrounded by perennial gardens. Over 50 antique roses and countless other flowers are planted around the building and courtyard. Something is always in bloom!
Adjacent to the chapel is the Reception Salon, Ballroom and caterer’s kitchen. The Reception Salon, featuring a fireplace, beaded wainscoting, and beamed ceiling, seats 75 guests, tables and chairs included. Built in 1922, the Ballroom holds up to 175 guests, and includes a stage for your band or DJ, 18-foot ceiling, a wet bar, and mirror ball. The caterer’s kitchen includes a large stainless steel refrigerator, freezer, wall ovens and lots of work space.
Located in the turn-of-the-century Historic Fairmount neighborhood, the entire area has been listed in the Secretary of the Interior’s National Register of Historic Places since 1990. The Rose Chapel was the first area of the Southside Preservation Hall to be fully renovated. Proceeds from weddings and other events go to support the continuing renovation of this wonderful building. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.